100 Dolls to promote a vision of the Aboriginal women who are missing or have been murdered, to one of dignity and honor. British Columbia must stop housing conditions that are conducive to Native Women being hunted down and killed.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Peaceful Art









This was a huge event! The Peace Walk, led by the Indigenous People of this land, which I didn't get on print. However, these pics were part of the procession, thousands of people took to the streets!

I liked pic #2...for it was my own artistic view of societies apathy. I shouldn't expect that everyone would march - for however big it was - this is a city of almost 3 million people, and I would guess to say that only about 0.0001 percent of the population showed up??? Maybe even less than that, i'm no mathematician. This poor woman - out to enjoy her day of lazing about in the sun, has provided the model for socieites apathy. I doubt she will ever know.

I don't even want to tell you what the artist said about the huge phallus. I am curious to know if anybody has their own thoughts of her artwork?

Fun times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home